Dear short hockey fans, we are pleased to present to you all the participants of the upcoming ISHF LIGA PRO ELECTROSTAL, RUSSIA OPEN CHALLENGE CUP 2021. There will be a total of 10 teams representing 4 major hockey nations. Remember that the tournament begins on April 1 and will run for a whole month, until May 10.
Let’s start with the “newcomers” of the tournament:
- Almaty (🇰🇿) – the team will be participating in the tournament for the first time under the auspices of ISHF, but despite this, the club has a very strong, balanced squad and the team itself has the highest goals for the tournament.
- Kuznya Mogilev (🇧🇾) is the team that came to replace Mogilev, who participated in the tournament in Belarus Shklov. Made up of players from that team, but also managed to get some strong players in the problem lines, which will definitely affect the results of the team.
3) Belsk (🇧🇾) is another team from Belarus, but in this case without WCS experience. Rumour has it that this team could be the base club to form the Belarus national team for the upcoming World Short Hockey Championships.
- Kristall Elektrostal (🇷🇺) is a team that has a very important advantage over the other participants in the tournament – it will be helped by its home walls. Perhaps it will be easier for the players of this team to play, as, in fact, each of their matches will be a home one.
- The Four Icebreakers ( 🇷🇺 ) is a well-known team for long-time fans of the sport, who have finally decided to try their hand at the world’s best short hockey league.
- The Molotoboizy (🇷🇺) is a team with history, being the reigning winner of the ISHF LIGA PRO ALL-STAR NIGHT CUP. The squad has got some changes since winning that tournament, but the mindset to win and skill level has remained the same.
- Ice Wars (🇷🇺) – and finally, the most legendary team, which is one of the first and oldest short hockey teams in the world, has gathered under its banner some of the best players from Russia and aims only to win.
Now let’s talk about the ‘experienced’ participants of the tournament:
- Ferrum (🇱🇻) – this will be the second tournament for the Latvian team, the line-up of which is not limited to local players, but also, includes players from Estonia and Canada. The performance of this team at the Slovakia open Challenge Cup cannot be called a success, but it should not be forgotten that the tournament was suspended due to coronavirus related restrictions by the authorities. We want to believe that the team headed by their coach Petr Shibaev will be successful in the tournament in Elektrostal.
- Armeets (🇷🇺) is the most experienced team in the tournament. This will be already the 3rd tournament for the team, led by Gleb Miroshnikov, MVP of the Belarus Open Challenge Cup regular championship. The team already has bronze medals from the Belarusian WCS and a first place with 0 defeats in the Slovakian tournament. Before the tournament in Elektrostal, the team was able to sign another star player, weakening their tournament rival.
- Uralets (🇷🇺) – The reigning winner of the regular championship of the Belarusian WCS stage. In addition to the championship, the Kachkanar team has the Best Sniper of the regular championship and the Best Goalkeeper of the Jakhn Cup.
At the last tournament the team was only one step away from winning the Jakhn Cup, but lost in the final game to Dinamo Tbilisi in the penalty shoot-out. The team management has two goals for this tournament: to win gold medals in the regular season and to win the Jakhn Cup.